BABY-FRIENDLY BANANA BREAD
Sharing my final way to use pumpkin puree this Autumn 😊 Thank you to everyone who’s saved and commented on my easy pumpkin pinwheels and pizza dough recipes. Check them out in my previous posts if you’ve missed them.
🔶This moist, baby-friendly banana bread spiked with warming spices and pumpkin puree can be enjoyed by the whole family, we loved this and even froze a few slices for our freezer stash.
- 1 medium banana, preferably overripe
- 150g pumpkin puree
- 90ml neutral oil (rapeseed, vegetable or light olive oil)
- 30ml plant milk (optional)
- 2 tbsps flax
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (optional)
- 225g self raising flour (+ extra for dusting)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pumpkin spice mix (1 tsp cinnamon powder, 1/2 nutmeg powder, 1/4 tsp ginger powder)
Preheat oven to 190C. Grease and flour loaf tin, set aside. In a bowl mash banana, add pumpkin puree, oil, flax and vanilla. Combine with dry ingredients, spread into loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes until risen and golden brown. Cool, slice and enjoy.
🔶Store for up to 3 days in an airtight container
❄️ Freeze for up to 3 months in bags/airtight container
🔶Thaw/reheat by placing in a toaster or defrost overnight in the fridge
👶🏼 Serve appropriately to babies, cut the banana bread slices into long fingers or large cubes big enough for your baby to hold