I just love this idea because not only because of the taste but I don’t always fancy a tuna filling on my jacket potato or sandwich, so I substituted tuna for a can of chickpeas and my oh my! This high-protein, easy recipe is such a great way to use chickpeas and also a perfect way to introduce a new sandwich filling to your baby or toddler! Nutritious and easy lunch idea for you and little! I had leftovers on crackers the next day.
Makes 10-12 bites
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo (follow your heart is my favourite)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps tinned sweetcorn
- 3 steamed broccoli florets, fine chopped
- Handful grated cheddar
- 1/2 tsp dried/fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsps @heinz_uk vegan mayo
Drain and rinse chickpeas, smash with a fork add remaining ingredients and combine well.
⏰ 10 mins
Fridge refrigerate for 2 days